Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Thousand Words (Part 17: Closing Words)

These are just some assorted pictures from my final days in Korogwe.
This is Abdul, a sage-like shop owner who occasionally imparted words of wisdom. Yeah, sometimes people like that turn up even in true stories.
Some of my fellow teachers in the staff room
The incinerator I built for the school. Well, I didn't actually build it myself, but I was the one who wrote the grant to secure the funding for it.
The farewell party.
But my students weren't satisfied with the 'official' farewell party, so they threw me another one at their own expense. That was really touching.
Except for the part where they made me wear the silly hat.
And finally, my favorite picture from Tanzania. I don't know if you can see it, but I'm holding a Sprite. "You too can look like me, just hold a Sprite"? Yeah, not so much.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment