Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Thousand Words (Part 16: Uganda and the White Nile)

I swear I did do a lot of teaching, but it's not like I took pictures of my students on a daily basis. But here's one:
We took the students on a field trip to the coast so they could see examples of erosion, or something. Was it educational? Probably not. Was it entertaining? For me it was, definitely.
Aaaand back to traveling. This was on a ferry across Lake Victoria.
Bungee jumping over the White Nile. Never again.
Whitewater rafting on the Nile was pretty cool though
Yeah, that's me.
After the rafting, two of us decided to climb Mt. Elgon.
Mt. Elgon is also colorfully known as "Ebola Mountain", due to the fact that someone contracted Ebola from a cave on the mountain. And where were we camping when this picture was taken? That's right, in a cave.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment